Monday Mishmash #21 / Lasik Surgery, Car Wrecks, and the Houston Walk of Hope

   It's definitely Monday. But this week is going to be great. Because I can SEE! Let me rephrase that...I can SEE without the help of glasses or contacts for the first time in almost 15 years. I had LASIK surgery last Thursday afternoon at the Mann Eye Institute in Sugar Land, TX. It was absolutely nuts. In a good way! Let me tell you about it...

If you've been contemplating getting it...do it. Make the consultation, it's free. It took me 4 years to make that phone call and I'm kicking myself for taking so long. I'm pretty sure the worst part of the entire thing was ripping off whatever it was that was holding my eyelids open...because I'm fairly certain it ripped out half of my eyelashes... But none the less, the rest of the actual procedure was virtually pain free. They walked me through the entire thing as it was happening, and told me every time I would feel pressure. And it was just that, a little bit of pressure...uncomfortable for just a second, and perfectly bearable. It took less than 10 minutes, and when I stook up to talk into the other room, I could already see...slightly hazy...but it was in focus! It was amazing. I slept all day afterwards as they instructed, drove myself to post-op the next morning, and was already seeing 20/25 in less than 24 hours. Another appointment this Friday and I'm looking forward to it. All of the personnel in the office are extremely friendly and accomodating, and were just as excited for me as I was. It's so wonderful to not have to reach for glasses in the mornings and not have to worry about taking my contacts out before bed or worry about falling asleep in them. Money well spent!!

Now rewind a few days from there...I got rear ended in my baby...my 2013 Black Mustang GT. I got rear ended...by a Harley motorcycle. Car is in the shop, motorcyclist had a couple surgeries on his ankle...all will be well eventually. But note to everyone reading... please do not assume that the person in front of you is going to run the light when it turns yellow/red. Do not follow too closely at any time. And just plain pay attention. Mmmkay? 'Cause it could have been worse. And is worse for a lot of people...daily.

If you've been on our facebook page or this blog for even a month, you have seen these friendly faces more than once. The Simpson Family is participating in the Houston Walk of Hope, supporting those people & families who face infertility. If you've followed their story from the beginning, or have just recently caught up, please consider joining me in donating to their team!







Have a great week y'all!

                                                                                                          


No comments :

Post a Comment