Valentine's Day 2012

I don't think it's a secret that I don't much care for Valentine's day. But that's not to say I don't care about celebrating love. It's just that... I kind of think today is a fairly lame excuse for couples everywhere to spend a whole lotta money on sweets and jewelry and dinners and stuffed animals and whatever else to try and show the other person you love them (and then not do those nice things throughout the year).  I mean, shouldn't you do that every day? You know, with goodbye kisses before you leave for work, big hugs when you get home, little love notes left in unusual places, flowers for no reason at all, or just plain enjoying each other's company cuddled up on the couch? Ah, but who's to say we can't have a little bit of fun with the kiddos? Valentine's day in elementary school was fun. I still have my mailbox from third grade, filled with valentines cards from all my classmates. And it was an excuse to bring cookies and cupcakes to school and ditch the books for awhile (which we loved any excuse for). So with all that said - Happy Valentine's Day. May you celebrate love however you know how. We love all of you. Thank you for starting our year off wonderfully!






                                                                                                                       

No comments :

Post a Comment